Find Us on Instagram@lmaeboutique
4 Easy to Make Face Masks!
We all want radiant, flawless skin without the price tag of the salon…Right? I know I do! Finding new face masks to make for the summer, without breaking the bank, is exactly what I’ve been looking for!
They’re great to make for a relaxing wine night with the girls or just a night to yourself after a stressful day. Now, when it comes to DIY projects, I like them to be easy and effective, and I’ve found several face masks that fit these requirements!
I tried my best to find products that would most likely already be in your home and if not, simple ingredients that are easy to get at the store and keep in the pantry for a good while.
1.Egg White Face Mask
(Helps with acne scars, large pores, rosacea, and fine lines)
1. First wash face with warm water – this allows your pores to open up.
2. Break egg, separating white from yoke with the shell (passing yoke back and forth into shell halves).Some people like to separate it in their hand and let white drip through their fingers in to the bowl.
3. With your hands clean, apply the egg white to your face, but make sure you don’t get any in your eyes or mouth.
4. Let the egg white dry for at least 15 minutes. You can also fan your face to speed up the drying process. You will feel the mask tighten as it dries.
5. Use warm water gently to get the mask off. After you remove the mask, your skin will feel clean and refreshed!
Why Is Egg White Good For Your Skin?
- Aides in shrinking large pores which reduces the surplus of sebum. Sebum is the substance that makes the skin oily and this protects the skin, but you don’t want to have too much of it – if hair follicles get too much sebum and cells from dead skin, bacteria grows resulting in acne.
- Egg white contains protein to help maintain healthy tissues and keep skin wrinkle-free.
- It has potassium which aides in
preserving moisture to skin cells.
The enzyme lysozyme is in egg white and this is known to kill the bacteria that causes acne.
- Adds the nutrient, magnesium that helps put the brakes on skin aging and gives your skin a youthful glow!
2.Avocado Face Mask
(Provides a hearty dose of moisture)
½ an avocado
½ very ripe banana
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2-3 drops of any essential oil (optional except lavender)
1. Peel banana and avocado and place in bowl.
2. Add olive oil.
3. Add essential oil (if desired).
4. Mash ingredients and mix well. You can mash with a wooden spoon, potato masher, or food processor.
5. Drape a towel over chest to absorb excess drips.
6 .Rub avocado face mask all over your face, avoiding your eyes.
7. Allow mixture to sit on your face for 10-15 minutes.
8. Pat face clean with a damp towel.
Why is Avocado & Bananas good for your skin?
- Consuming them provides us with vital nutrients that help with mental and physical development.
- Fruits and vegetables are just as good for you on the outside as on the inside.
- Avocados are rich in antioxidants which can help prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avocados & Bananas are both natural moisturizers which is awesome for dry, itchy skin.
- Avocados possess a high amount of oleic acid which is good for reducing facial redness and irritation.
- The vitamin A content in bananas helps to restore lost moisture and repair damaged, dull, and dry skin.
3.Coconut Oil & Honey Face Mask
(Great for healing the skin, brightens facial complexion)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. raw honey
If you have fresh lemon juice handy
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. raw honey
1 tsp. lemon juice
1. Mix raw honey and coconut oil together until you have a sticky (well-mixed) texture. It may seem thick at first, but the honey and coconut oil will actually warm up and soften on your face, so be prepared for a few drips!
2. Keep the mask on for about 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Why is Coconut Oil and Honey Good for you?
- Honey has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that are great for healing the skin and keeping bacteria and fungus at bay.
- Honey is also great for brightening your facial complexion.
- Just make sure the honey is raw (not generally found at your typical grocery store), and the coconut oil is organic, virgin coconut oil.
- Coconut oil contains properties that feed and moisturize the skin.
- Coconut oil is a gentle, yet thorough cleanser. It softens the keratin caps and makes exfoliation much easier.
4.Cucumber Face Mask with oatmeal & Yogurt
(Helps reduce pore size, hydrates and softens, perfect for skin sensitivity)
½ raw cucumber
1 Tbsp. natural yogurt
2-3 Tbsp. oats
1. Using a mini processor, blend the cucumber and yogurt into a paste
2. Add oats, one tablespoon at a time, and blend until you reach a consistency thick enough that the cucumber face mask won’t run off your face.
3. Apply the cucumber mask in a thick paste to your face avoiding the eyes, mouth, and hairline.
4. The mask needs 10-20 minutes to be most effective, so why not chill out with a couple of slices of cucumber on your eyes?
5. To remove, add warm water and massage the mask using a circular motion (this will ensure you get the maximum benefits of the oatmeal exfoliator).
6.Store the remainder of the cucumber mask up to 4 days!
Why is cucumber, oatmeal, and yogurt good for you?
- Cucumber is used to hydrate and soften the skin while providing a cool, smoothing sensation.
- Cucumbers also have the same PH balance as skin so it is a great natural balancer.
- A couple of slices over your eyes isn’t all for show either, as the natural properties in cucumber will help improve the appearance of tired, puffy eyes.
- Oatmeal not only calms the skin and reduces pore size but it also hypoallergenic and perfect for sensitive skin.
- When used with hydrating ingredients (like cucumber), oatmeal will help retain moisture for the ‘dewy’ appearance.
- The lactic acid in yogurt helps to smooth rough, dry skin while dissolving dead skin and reducing enlarged pores.